Low Carb Naan Bread
3/4 cup Coconut Flour
2 tbsps Ground Flax Seed
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 cup Coconut Oil (Melted)
2 cups Water (Boiling)
2 tbsps Coconut Oil (For frying)
1 tsp Sea Salt (For sprinkling)
- Mix all dry ingredients and vinegar in a bowl. Add oil and then boiling water and stir thoroughly.
- Allow to rise for five minutes. The dough will turn firm fairly quickly, but stay flexible. It
should resemble the consistency of Play-Doh. If you find it’s too runny then add more psyllium husk until it feels right. The amount needed may vary depending on what brand of husk or coconut flour you use.
- Divide into 6 or 8 pieces and form into balls that you flatten with your hands directly on parchment paper or on the kitchen counter.
- Fry rounds in coconut oil over medium heat until the Naan turn a nice golden color. Season with sea salt
- Heat the oven to 140°F (70°C) and keep the bread warm while you make more.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories517
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Sodium 1385mg 58%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 8g 32%
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 4g 8%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.