Paleo Vegetable Burrito Bowls Recipe
1 Red Bell Pepper (de-seeded and sliced)
1 Yellow Bell Pepper (de-seeded and sliced)
3 Medium Zucchinis (sliced)
2 cups Mushrooms (halved)
3 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp Dried Oregano
1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
2 tbsps Lemon Juice
1/8 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
Sea Salt And Pepper, (to taste)
1 Avocado (cubed, for serving)
1/2 cup Cilantro (chopped., for serving)
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Yellow Onion (diced)
2 Garlic (crushed)
2 cups Cauliflower Rice (riced)
1 cup Organic Chicken Broth
Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Place the bell peppers, zucchini and mushroom on a baking sheet, but keep them divided. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Season the mushrooms and zucchini with dried oregano, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Season the peppers with smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Coat the vegetables with the seasoning, still keeping them divided; place in the oven.
- Roast for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are roasted and fragrant.
- For the cauliflower rice, fry the onion and garlic in coconut oil until soft and translucent.
- Add the riced cauliflower and fry for a minute before adding a few tablespoons of the chicken stock. Allow the stock to be absorbed, then add more, and allow to cook until cauliflower is softened.
- Season to taste.
- Serve the roasted vegetables on top of the cauliflower rice, top it with cubed avocado and fresh cilantro.
- You can add the protein of your choice to make a more substantial meal
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories284
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Cholesterol 1mg 1%
- Sodium 264mg 11%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 8g 32%
- Sugars 10g
- Protein 7g 15%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.