Sleep, Eat, Move and Mind.
(This post includes the recordings, references and contact details from the FREE online webinar series co-hosted by Deepak Saini and Shabnam Das Kar April 6 to 9, 2020)
Day 1 (April 6, 2020) Sleep
Speakers: Karim Delgado and Deepak Saini
Day 2 (April 7, 2020) Eat
Speakers Deepak Saini, Shabnam Das Kar and Michal Ofer
Day 3 (April 8, 2020) Move
Speaker: Deepak Saini
Day 4 (April 9, 2020) Mind
Speakers: Deepak Saini and Shabnam Das Kar
Screening for Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA)
Michal’s Vegetable Broth Recipe
Rethink Stress Intervention
Steps To Elicit The Relaxation Response
Free MBSR Resources
- Stenvers, Dirk Jan, et al. “Circadian clocks and insulin resistance.” Nature Reviews Endocrinology 15.2 (2019): 75-89.
- Gill S, Panda S. A Smartphone App Reveals Erratic Diurnal Eating Patterns in Humans that Can Be Modulated for Health Benefits. Cell Metab. 2015;22(5):789–98.
- Gupta, Neelu Jain, Vinod Kumar, and Satchidananda Panda. “A camera-phone based study reveals the erratic eating pattern and disrupted daily eating-fasting cycle among adults in India.” PLoS One 12.3 (2017): e0172852
- Sutton, Elizabeth F., et al. “Early time-restricted feeding improves insulin sensitivity, blood pressure, and oxidative stress even without weight loss in men with prediabetes.” Cell metabolism 27.6 (2018): 1212-1221.
- Gabel, Kelsey, et al. “Effects of 8-hour time restricted feeding on body weight and metabolic disease risk factors in obese adults: A pilot study.” Nutrition and healthy aging 4.4 (2018): 345-353.
- Wilkinson, Michael J., et al. “Ten-Hour Time-Restricted Eating Reduces Weight, Blood Pressure, and Atherogenic Lipids in Patients with Metabolic Syndrome.” Cell Metabolism (2019).
- Bescos, Raul, et al. “Four days of simulated shift work reduces insulin sensitivity in humans.” Acta Physiologica 223.2 (2018): e13039.
- Shukla, Alpana P., et al. “Food order has a significant impact on postprandial glucose and insulin levels.” Diabetes care 38.7 (2015): e98-e99
- Hall, Heather, et al. “Glucotypes reveal new patterns of glucose dysregulation.” PLoS biology 16.7 (2018): e2005143.
- Zeevi, David, et al. “Personalized nutrition by prediction of glycemic responses.” Cell 163.5 (2015): 1079-1094.
- Davidson, Richard J., et al. “Alterations in brain and immune function produced by mindfulness meditation.” Psychosomatic Medicine 65.4 (2003): 564-570.
- Black DS, Slavich GM. Mindfulness meditation and the immune system: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2016;1373(1):13–24. DOI:10.1111/nyas.12998